Sunday, November 15, 2009

From Rain to Sun



Totally lagging on the posts the past week or so. It's been pretty dreary over here in Vancouver lately... chilly temperatures, wind and/or rain. The few times that it's been sunny, I've been stuck indoors at work.

My friend Paul and I have decided to head south for a seven day golf vacation. We used to go on an annual golf trip to Phoenix (2001-2004) but took a hiatus for several years. This time around, we're going to Palm Springs, which is a golf mecca several hours east of LA. Everything is hooked up... we got our flights through Westjet seat sales. Our rental car was booked with hotwire for $140 less than anywhere else. Our hotel is dirt cheap because Paul works in the industry. Great deals all around. The green fees are going to be the most expensive part of the trip. Even those are going to be fairly reasonable booking through ezlinks, activegolf, standbygolf and golfnow. I found this amazing website, greenskeeper.org which is helping me with my course selections.

We don't leave for another 11 days but I'm getting super psyched nonetheless! I'll have a full follow-up post with course reviews and all that good stuff.

No comments: