Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Wood: China vs. Mexico vs. USA (Update # 3)



Third update on the wood showdown. After four sessions in with the Mexico Alien, I was definitely happy. During the fifth session, it broke. The trick that cracked that sucker was a switch 360 flip off a wheelchair ramp and I actually snapped it at the leading truck, which is really odd. I can't even remember that last time I broke a board that wasn't at the trailing truck due to sitting back too far. I never break boards down the middle and breaking a board at the leading truck us just straight up weird. Totally sucks because I was really digging this board.

PS Stix USA Habitat board is next. It looks a bit thinner than the other two and the shape is a bit more tapered.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I break all of my boards at that spot regardless of where the board is from. I guess i just lean forward too much.