Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Cuba Skateboard Crisis



I ran across this at Chris Nieratko's website. Cuban skaters really do have it rough when it comes to skating. I think it's great that Chris is getting a lot of companies and organizations involved to hook these guys up with product. Click here for more info.

With the US embargo on Cuba, I understand that it's not possible to get product from the States. I'm curious why they can't get it through Canada or Mexico. I suppose it is quite expensive. It kind of reminds me of golfing in Mexico. The average local can't afford to buy clubs and pay green fees. The only way to really be able to play is to work as a caddie. As a caddie, you get the privilege to play for free on certain days of the week and some wealthier club members are kind enough to loan out their equipment.

No comments: